Zebra Cake Recipe – Ingredients
- 2.5 Glasses of Plain Flour
- 1 Glass of Olive Oil
- 1 Glass of Sprite (or other fizzy drink)
- 1 Glass of Caster Sugar
- 5 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons of Cocoa
- 2 heaped tsp Baking Powder
- 15g Vanilla sugar (or, preferably, 1 scraped out vanilla pod)
Zebra Cake Recipe – Method
- Whisk eggs with sugar until mixed. In a seperate bowl sift flour and baking soda and mix together.
- Begin adding the ingredients to the sugar / egg mix. Start by adding a quarter of each of the others (flour, olive oil, sprite) at a time and whisking until combined. Repeat until all are added and then mix in the vanilla sugar.
- Seperate the entire mix into two equal bowls. In one bowl add two tablespoons extra of plain flour and mix. In the second add the cocoa and mix.
- Take a lined cake tin and pour 2 to 3 tablespoons of the white mixture into the centre, creating a small circle. Next take 2 to 3 tablespoons of the dark mixture and repeat. If you’re careful you should find concentric circles of alternating colours forming in the tin. Repeat until all the mixture is used.
- Bake in an oven at 180 degrees for 50 minutes and then check the cake; stab with a cocktail stick to see if it is cooked (if it comes out clean, its ready!). If not, leave alone for 5 minutes or so before re-checking