I found this recipe at Cafe Fernando and it looks terrific. This is my kind of salad. I can’t wait to try it out!
CHICKEN CAESAR SALAD RECIPE
*Brine Chicken 1/2 hour before: For two chicken breasts, use 2 tablespoons of kosher salt and 2 tablespoons of sugar dissolved in a quart of cold water. Place them in a large pot, cover and store in the refrigerator for 30 minutes (not longer).
- 2 chicken breasts (approximately 1 pound), brined (explained above)
- 6 romaine hearts, washed and thoroughly dried
- 2 slices organic rye bread
- 3 garlic cloves, divided
- 3 oz Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 + 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp buttermilk
- salt and pepper
- To prepare the croutons, preheat your broiler. Cut each slice into small cubes, place on a baking sheet and broil until golden. Mash a clove of garlic with some salt to a smooth paste. Place into a frying pan together with a tablespoon of olive oil and heat just to warm. Toss with croutons and set aside.
- Place the remaining 2 garlic cloves, mustard, buttermilk, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice in a blender and puree until smooth.
- While the blender is working, drizzle ¼ cup of olive oil from the feeding tube.
- Add the grated Parmesan cheese and puree until thoroughly combined.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Drain the brined chicken breasts and pat dry with a paper towel. Transfer to a bowl and rub with a tablespoon of olive oil and salt & pepper.
- Heat a frying pan (preferably cast iron) over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 8-10 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Thinly slice across the grain..
- Toss the romaine hearts with the Caesar dressing and arrange on your serving plates.
- Top with chicken pieces and croutons and serve warm.